Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wisconsin Dells

Well, I don't know where to begin. Jason and I had an awesome time! It has been so long since we have spent time together by ourselves, I forgot what it's like to be able to finish a conversation with him and just hold his hand walking through a store. We started out Monday morning about 8:15 and took our time getting to the Dells, we stopped at waysides and overlooks and just enjoyed each others company. We stopped at the House on the Rock, but didn't go for a tour. I thought I could just snap a picture of it, you cannot even get a glimpse without paying. We left the House on the Rock and 2 min. after we got on the highway we stopped at an overlook, walked across this bridge and we could see the point of the House on the Rock, Free!
We got to the Dells after 12:00, checked in to our hotel... the website made it seem much nicer than it was at first glimpse. Although, being fleshly I judged the inside, by the outside.

When we were able to get in our room ~ it was very nice! It was a luxury suite newly modeled and just opened this weekend.However, we did end up switching rooms, because, the first one had dirty water in the whirlpool and that was pretty nasty, and no easy way to drain the water. There were lots of funny things that happened at the hotel, the parking wasn't great, they had real keys for the doors and our keys didn't open the main entrance to the newly finished rooms. We asked the lady at the front desk about the keys not working, so she thought she would show us and she ended up locking the door and never getting unlocked again, even when we left the next day. It had to be propped open with the garbage can. Did I mention the four times we went in the office there was a different front desk person having no uniforms of any kind and the maids, were creepy looking guys wearing yucky, street clothes. When I turned the jets on in the whirlpool in the room we stayed in, multiple metal pieces, and springs jetted off thier spots and in the water. Every drain in our room had an issue of not working. It looked really nice, although everything in there was very cheap! The windows had blinds but no curtains, so sleeping was not the greatest. The light from the parking lot and the sun at 5:00AM was not very welcoming. I think next time I am sticking with Super 8!

We spent the first day shopping at thier very nice, Tanger Outlet Mall, and eating at a nice restaurant. It was great not going to chain restaurants, atleast not chain restaurants that are common in Cedar Rapids. After shopping and eating we went on a Duck tour. The original ducks the Army used in WW II ~ it was a neat tour through the woods, on Wisc. River and the newly filled, Lake Delton. We then headed to a Jet Boat tour, expecting to get wet, just not saturated. It was certainly a thrill ride with a huge splash ending! We ended the night going to some different Go-Kart tracks and racing, it was hard to manuever the little karts while you have to keep one hand on your skirt the whole time. The next morning we drove around a bit, deciding on a nice family restaurant for breakfast and then going to Mt. Olympus waterpark, the entrance fee was free with our hotel reservation. We went down one waterslide, we went on one roller coaster, we went in the wave pool - it about killed me, and we rode on one go-kart track at Mt. Olympus before calling it a day.

On our way out of town we drove through the downtown area and went to a couple candy stores and grabbed a sandwich at Famous Dave's BBQ - it was really good! Our couple days together was awesome and we decided that we shouldn't wait so long to do this again, we loved spending every minute together, it was so nice not worrying about the kids in the water, crossing streets & go-karting ~ it was very relaxing. OK - I will admit - I missed my kids terribly, especially Lucy, I knew the other kids understood where we going and we would be back the next day. I really missed her, but she managed just fine without me.


At July 11, 2009 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Robin said...

What a couple kids! Glad you had a good time.
What did you do, go on vacation again? It's been three days since last post!

At July 12, 2009 at 1:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the second person to ask me that. Jason's aunt couldn't get in touch ih us either for 3 days. Yes, we went on vacation again. You'll read about it later. 8-)


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home