Monday, August 16, 2010

Chicken Coop!!! Coming together!!

Haven't got permits from the city yet, however, that hasn't stopped us from getting ready. The kids and I painted the nesting boxes / feeding box.. and the inside of the coop's ceiling.
Jason made the boxes a couple days ago, and put the insulation/plywood in the ceiling this morning, before going to work!!
So excited at the progress! I am going to paint the rest of the inside of the coop for easy cleaning and to give more light during daytime hours... I need to decide if I want to pay for more insulation/plywood or if I want to skip that and paint the walls, as the coop is sided stopping drafts. There is still lots to do, but its coming together. We have to build a pen, buy a few things, sand, shavings, waterer, we need to build a fence, and figure out ventilation for the winter. As far as the summer is concerned, with the 4 windows open it works awesome (as I painted in there today). Oh yeah, Need to get that permit!! So we can bring our chickens home!! ;o) This has been so much fun!!!

1 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Robin said...

So neat! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home