Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hitch Hiker!

Grandma Kanellis was so kind to stop by today with a hitchhiker she picked up on the side of the road! I know, it's hard for me to believe too! Not only that she would pick up a hitch hiker, but that she would bring the stranger to her daughter's house where her innocent grandchildren live! She came while I was diligently doing school work with Logan, Morgan was quietly playing and Lucy and Ethan were both taking naps! Key word - WERE! Tanner went crazy barking waking up my sleeping Lucy and disturbing my quiet Ethan. I let the 3 older kids come out and check out Grandma's Hitch Hiker - the Snapping Turtle!
Grandma found a snapping turtle crossing the highway and thought the kids would like to see it, considering it was small she brought it over. The kids thought it was awesome!

They love to see creatures and check them out. It took many tries, Logan finally was brave enough to hold it for a minute so I could get a picture of him. Morgan and Ethan were happy holding it in a bucket and just touching him on the shell. Me - well, my job is to take pictures! Oh, and the turtle has a nice home by the Cedar River now, thanks to Grandma!

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2009 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Cool! Ask Pastor Nelson about the day he stopped to rescue a turtle crossing the road. On the other hand, you better not. (At least not in front of the kids!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home