Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun on the Farm

So, I have been a little bit busy and consumed by much! This is the last blog about our week at the farm. The kids and I went up on Wed. Night stayed for one week and returned to attend our church the following Wednesday night. Jason came to meet us on Saturday, he was able to stay through Sunday night - this was a surprise to Grandma Violet and the kids. We always have a great time while we are there it just seems to go by too quickly. While Jason was there on Saturday he surprised Grandma and Peggy with his new toy, a large tractor for cutting through the weeds and a tool that can be used for other things around thier property as well. He found a very nice tractor, relatively close to his Grandma's farm and was fortunate enough to have a friend that was willing to drive from Cedar Rapids and help him deliver the tractor to Grandma's. Saturday and Sunday afternoon, he spent time with the family as well as cutting through the very tall weeds to make a path to the end of Grandma's acreage. Peggy and I walked on this trail and unfortunately I wasn't thinking to take my camera. There is very beautiful land and views from the back 40 that haven't been seen for sometime. The land is gorgeous! Peggy and I had a really good time walking through the trail that Jason had made with all 4 dogs, Tanner included! It was a nice evening and perfect for a walk. The only thing I would have done differently was take my camera along. Peggy joined us for church Sunday Morning at Bible Baptist Church in Prairie DuChien. It was very refreshing to have a church 30 minutes away to take our kids too that believed the same as us! Grandma Violet had to take a picture of everyone dressed up, so she snapped a shot with my camera too.
This was a special visit for all, to have Jason join us. We had a wonderful time and Jason was in his glory driving the tractor through areas where he has fond memories of farming and spending summers with his grandma & grandpa many years ago.

3 Comments:

At August 31, 2009 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Robin said...

What a fun time and wonderful place for a getaway. Can I come?! I could use a relaxing getaway at the moment - I just came out of the bathroom from a nice relaxing bath and found the cat sitting on the bedroom floor playing with a BAT!!!! And Larry is out of town!!! How did a bat get in my house??? It wasn't dead and I had to throw a towel over it and throw it outside!! And it was wiggling!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!

 
At September 1, 2009 at 11:26 AM , Blogger *Ida* said...

That is funny... as I type I feel like mice are invading! I went to the van to get a few things this morning and I almost stepped on a mouse! With Barefeet! I about died, I went to the drivers side, got what I was looking for and ran back to the house quickly! Jason went to look for the dillusional mouse (poisened) he didn't find it, However the kids have successfully found two mice in our garage this morning, and Jason was home to take care of them - Thank God! When the oil was changed in my van two weeks ago, they found a nest in the engine! ~ I have never even seen a mouse at the farm (I know they are there - I just haven't seen them) I am being attacked in the city by the creatures! You are much braver than I. I could have never have grabbed it, towel or none - no way! If I had I would have thrown the towel away too! I am thinking I would have called someone to come help me ~ I know.. I am a big chicken!

 
At September 3, 2009 at 8:19 PM , Blogger ABC's of Gardners said...

So now you own a tractor when are you going to own a farm? You do the garden thing, the tractor thing, camping thing now you need the farm to do it all the time. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home